Friday, 8 November 2013

NaNoRunMo - Days 6, 7 and 8

Day 6 did not start out well. I was tired because Daylight Savings messed up my sleep schedule. I was feeling so spaced out, and making many little mistakes...such forgetting my Garmin and not listening to the leader when describing our 6k route. 

When I ran out with the 10k group at Run Club, I was slow...so slow that the person ahead of me - my running buddy no less - abandoned me and ran out of sight. I missed the turnoff and ran a little extra before I realized I was no longer following the group. I backtracked and figured out the appropriate turnoff to head back.

The best thing in all this? Turns out they only ran 5.6k and I ran 6.3k. Unfortunately, no Garmin so no way to know the finish time. However I did run 6k so I'm satisfied.

The next day was the first half marathon clinic session. I was very excited and couldn't wait to run!! 

However, all that was required of us was to run a 2k, here's my time:


I wanted to run some more after the clinic, as did my running buddy and an another lady. We ran another 3k as a slow recovery, as seen below.


Today I considered running but slick ice after today's short and brief snowsorm, made me reconsider and opt for a rest day instead, which was ok. Instead I'll run every day for the next few days and go from there.

1 comment: